[Rhodes22-list] Compression Post

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Sat Mar 6 23:18:10 EST 2021

Chi:
1. I have never noticed whether the mast and compression post are exactly lined up and with the mast down I can't check it, but unless you have reason to think the post was moved from its original position or there is some sign of damage to the deck I would not move it.

2, The floor on which the compression post stands should, I think,  be supported right through to the hull - otherwise it will likely continue to sag. That small sag might not be a problem in terms of the bulkhead fitting properly so if the floor is still solid you might get away with supporting the floor and leaving the sag as is.

Graham Stewart
Agile, Rodes 22, 1976
Kingston Ontario