[Rhodes22-list] Compression Post

Allyn Baskerville allynb at adsne.com
Sun Mar 7 14:05:02 EST 2021

Patrick, I’m working in the same area as you are.

Q1: I have a 2003, and the mast and compression post are offset as you describe. I’m considering making a compression post that extends to under the mast.

Q2: I don’t follow what you say about the notch. Look at my post from earlier today, and they are three pieces of wood that form a box partially filled with concrete to support the compression post. The center piece in is immediately under the compression post but wasn’t mounted correctly (too low) to support the weight of the mast. With no support under the compression post, the plywood decking sagged and started cracking. There needs to be support under the compression post. The OSB (!) wood in my support is not treated in any way.

Sent from my iPhone