[Rhodes22-list] Lifting the Mast off of the Boat

Todd Tavares tavares0947 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 06:59:10 EDT 2021

George,

I do not have the GB in-mast furling mainsail and mast, but I'm sure others
will likely say it is a minimum two person operation.
My old-style standard mast only weighs about 75lbs, and easily handled on
flat solid ground but is quite unwieldy trying to carry it off the boat
with the spreaders flopping and all of the rigging wanting to snag the
stanchions etc.

But some initial questions should be asked first so others can better
advise you.
Do you have the General Boats mast raising and lowering system, with the
stern rail crutch/roller support?  If so make sure to follow the
instructions exactly with special focus on disconnecting the poptop slider
to mast connection.

Todd T.

tavares0947 at gmail.com