[Rhodes22-list] Lifting the Mast off of the Boat

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Tue Mar 16 09:41:50 EDT 2021

If you have the mast hoist system (the crane, the cradle and the
instructions!) you can do it with the boat in the water tied to a dock.
We did that several times when we owned our R22. It is helpful if you
have a second person. You will need help to transfer the mast to the
dock or a nearby flat area to remove the sail. The only time we ever
removed the sail, we had the mast supported on sawhorses as the equally
long furling tube with the sail attached has to slide all the way out
the base of the mast.

Good luck
Mary Lou
ex-Rhodes 22