[Rhodes22-list] Bottom paint

Gmorganflier gmorgan.flier at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 22:08:11 EDT 2021

Alex,

Last summer I bought 4 small bottle jacks from Harbor Freight for less than
$100. Using some concrete blocks and wood pieces I had, in a series of small
steps I jacked and blocked the trailer and the boat up so the trailer tires
were maybe 6” off the ground. I then blocked the boat up and lowered the
trailer in a series of steps back to the ground. It was tedious  because my
bottle jacks were small and there was much jacking and blocking in small
increments, but it worked and I felt I put no strain on the boat because it
was supported by the bunks while being raised.
I friend loaned me two boat stands which I used on the stern, but I helped
another friend use my jacks and blocks to do the same thing to his Catalina
22. We just used blocks on his stern using wedges to angle the support
boards properly.

A couple of photos attached.

George Morgan
S/V Knotty Lady