[Rhodes22-list] Bottom paint

Todd Tavares tavares0947 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 22:40:50 EDT 2021

So no one is going to explain the trailer tilting and blocking method...or
jacking up the entire trailer and blocking method? Both require lumber,
cinderblocks or other cribbing materials. Boat stands ate ideal.

The latter is self explanatory. Jack the entire trailer itself about 6"
with 3 bottle or scissor jacks. Block up tight against the hull. Lower the
entire trailer back down.

The other method works if you only have a single jack. Lower the trailer
tongue as low as possible. Block up the stern just aft of the bunks. Raise
the tongue back to full height and block up under the forward center of the
hull and lower the trailer back level. This creates just enough room for a
skinny roller.

There is also another method that involves an engine hoist to the bow and
stern eyes but is more redneck risky and not advisable.

Of course, owning or renting a few boat stands from the local boat yard is
much easier and safer than cinderblocks etc.

Todd T.

tavares0947 at gmail.com