[Rhodes22-list] [Rhodes22e-list] New Traveler Modifications - another alternative

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Sun Mar 28 06:31:42 EDT 2021

Todd,
GBI 29 is the part number of the latest generation traveler on the factory website.  One of the e-mail posts has a copy of the part number, catalog description, and price taken from the on-line parts catalog.  I started using this designation to distinguish the latest generation traveler from the 2nd generation traveler.  The 2nd generation traveler is the one with the bar that attaches between sockets on the backstays and has the 2:1 control line tackle rigged from the traveler car to jam cleats on each end of the bar.  I used a 2nd generation traveler for many years and upgraded to the GBI 29 Traveler 3 seasons ago.  In fact, I still have my old 2nd generation traveler in my garage.  The differences between these two generations of factory travelers may have slipped thru the cracks during the lengthy discussion.  If people are confused about the two different generations of factory travelers; then, I apologize.  But, I fear we might have just wasted a great deal of time and energy arguing past each other about 2 different things.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium