[Rhodes22-list] Cockpit storage

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Sun May 23 08:55:12 EDT 2021

Hi Stephen,

I have two rectangular shaped HDPE blocks secured to the recessed groove of
the cockpit sole using Loctite PL Marine and there are HDPE blocks
vertically mounted to those with L brackets. At the front of the cockpit, I
screwed in (and also used adhesive again) two layers of HDPE blocks.  At
the aft side of the boards, I added two layers of HDPE blocks, secured to
the sole with adhesive.  I also used adhesive to mount an HDPE block
between the coaming compartment and the hull, and then ran a shock cord
between that and one of the lower blocks.  I also ran shock cord from the
HDPE block furthest forward to a hook further aft that I also use to mount
another shock cord that helps secure the gas tanks.  All the mounting
points are outlined in bright green in the attached photo.  This also
includes an inset photo outlined in red for the HDPE block between the
coaming and the hull. I think I used HDPE that was 3/4" thick for the
mounts. The boards are very secure with this setup.  It's nice to have them
on the boat and out of the way. Just let me know if you have any additional
questions.

Jesse Shumaker
S/V Zephyr