[Rhodes22-list] Oooooo my first storm damage!

Rick Lange sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Sun May 30 14:02:06 EDT 2021

On the Cleveland shoreline, my rigged boat just went through 52mph gusts
without incident.  The IMF furling line was loop locked on a boom horn
cleat and the genny furling line had a stopper knot after the cam cleat.

The old sailor saw that the calm before the storm is God's Grace still
applies to us.  In other words, furl both of the sails during the calm so
the main goes all the way into the mast and the jib sheets wrap once or
twice around the genny.  Then lock your furling lines and nothing else is
needed.

Regards,

Rick Lange