[Rhodes22-list] Code Zero

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Sat Nov 20 11:08:11 EST 2021

There were several of us who did a group order in 2003 or 2004 for what
Doyle called their UPS sail which was similar to a Code 0. It flies and
furls on it's own luff with a mini-furler on the foredeck and on a spare
or extra halyard. The sail was perfect downwind for those days when the
air was so light the genoa would collapse on itself. It was also good up
to 7 or 8 knots (if I recall correctly) at a beam reach and could be
sailed above a beam reach in light air.

It was a bit of a hassle to rig but was great fun to sail.

The attached photos are our former boat flying the UPS.

Mary Lou
ex Rhodes 22
now Rosborough RF-246
Rock Hall, MD