[Rhodes22-list] Electric Winch Conversion

Jeff Smith Photo jeffsmithphoto at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 19:16:14 EDT 2021

One of the reasons for wishing to convert from electric to manual was that
when I bought the boat the transfer was delayed by the need to replace a
relay (?) on the winch motor.  I bought a couple of them just in case and
when the motor hoist failed, attempted to replace at least one.
I'm getting too old to cram myself into the lazarette. It caused (?)
syatica for the first time in 40 years after back surgery in 1980.
But in looking for manual solutions in the archives and records. (Thanks
Peter!) I didn't find a clear cut solution. I had always thought the tackle
would have to be attached to the stern pulpit or to the split back stays to
have a more verticle pull.  So considering the cost of new blocks for the
tackle, $200.00 or so. I will probably opt for a new electric winch,
switch etc. That is also what my wife and sailing partner wants...
Now all I need is to find a young small mechanic!

Best Regards
Jeff Smith
www.http://JeffSmithPhoto.Net
732-236-1368