[Rhodes22-list] Hull Thickness

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 21:54:38 EDT 2021

One other way to secure something in a wet location like the bilge is to
use 3M Dual Lock.  It is a durable plastic alternative to velcro and it
works in wet environments.  It's powerful enough to keep things put but you
can still detach when needed.  I used that to secure a battery power water
alarm in the bilge and another one in the lazarette.  The alarm is the kind
that you could use above a sump pump in a house basement.  My boat has a
dry bilge and lazarette so I'd like to know right away if that changes.
Also, the alarm is loud enough so if there was a problem with the boat as
it sits at the slip, any of my slip neighbors would hear and they know how
to get into my boat if needed.  My boat already had a bilge pump installed
by the prior owner.  I'm not entirely sure how it's attached underneath.
It's output hooks into the sink drain discharge.

Jesse Shumaker
S/V Zephyr