[Rhodes22-list] First time

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Mon Oct 18 16:25:23 EDT 2021

Wilson,

I've been puzzled all day about your problem with your forestay.  I assume the 'challenge' you mention was getting the forestay connected to its chainplate at the bow.  What had me scratching my head was your mention of shortening the chains.  Shortening the chains shouldn't have any effect on being able to get the top of the mast far enough forward to make the forestay connection, unless...

By any chance, do you have the chains connected to the mast crane?

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)