[Rhodes22-list] Hull Thickness

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Mon Oct 25 22:48:36 EDT 2021

Joe:

The mystery of how water was getting into my lazarette left me stumped for
years - nearly drove me mad. However this year I think I found the problem.
The seats have small drain holes where water runs through to the cockpit
sole. I think what is happening is that with heavy rain, however, the
surface tension of the water increases and a stream of water runs back on
the bottom of the seat behind the bulkhead and then drops off into the
lazarette. I can't be certain as I didn't have time to hang paper towel in
strategic locations before I had to haul the boat for the winter. I might
still be wrong about this but it would be an easy fix to put a bead of
silicone across the bottom of the seat before the lazarette bulkhead to
break the surface tension. Just a thought.

Graham

Graham Stewart
Agile, Rodes 22, 1976
Kingston Ontario