[Rhodes22-list] Spare Tire on Triad Trailer

Jeff Smith Photo jeffsmithphoto at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 19:36:27 EDT 2021

I tried sending pic but too large.
The set up of the spare seems OK.  I used a crutch tip which I carved out a
little bit to cover the pull pin to avoid damage to the tire which was
probably overkill. I got a simple spare bracket from a local boat store
which did the job for $15. After getting ready for vacation I’m really
gonna need a vacation.
A week and a half ago we had a Derecho (SP?)or a microburst or something
which was worse than any hurricane that we have been through here. Since
the boat didn’t part the mooring  I figured that all was well. But when I
got on board I found out that there was a foot of salt water over the
floorboards. Rolling and pitching I guess. So for the  past week and a half
we have been cleaning the boat and its contents. Also installing a new main
sail. And extra biz work!
Anyway, we are going to place the rudder in a contractor bag in the
forepeak along with the defeated inflatable.
Take that tounge weight!

--
Best regards,
Jeff