[Rhodes22-list] Broken Gooseneck

Jeff Smith Photo jeffsmithphoto at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 10:06:02 EDT 2021

At the beginning of the season I noticed that all parts of the gooseneck
were badly bent. I straightened out the boom piece and replaced the rest
with what looked like an equivalent small boat gooseneck. It had a 1/4" rod
which I threaded and bolted through the black slider.  Yesterday that rod
broke from the U fitting. We had been on a broad reach in 20 knts with a
heavily reefed main and the boom vang on.  All jibes were controlled.
Repair will have to wait until we return from the Chesapeake to NJ.
Has anyone else had a problem with their gooseneck?
Does anyone have a spare they would sell?
I may ask a machinist to fabricate a beefed up version.
How does one search the current list? I did it a lot on  a Nabble.

Best Regards
Jeff Smith
Radiant, Hull 101 '09/16
www.http://JeffSmithPhoto.Net