[Rhodes22-list] Jib Sheet length?

Stephen Staum snstaum at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 08:41:21 EDT 2022

I have had a 175, 150 and now 130 Genoas.  I never measured the sheet
length but I don't think it is different with the different sails.  The
sheets need to be long enough to furl the sail and leave enough in the
cockpit to wrap around the winch and lock in the jam cleat.  Since the boat
is 22 feet and the jib sheet is one continuous line I would start with
45-50 feet and shorten it up if you have too much extra in the cockpit.  By
the way, I feel that the 130 is the best size for the Rhodes 22.  The
bigger sails get overpowered too quickly and the 175 gets caught in the
rigging when you come about.

Good sailing.

*Thanks and Stay Well,*

*Stephen Staum*