[Rhodes22-list] Jib Sheet length?

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Fri Aug 26 10:35:54 EDT 2022

My jib sheet is 60' long.  It appeared to be new when I picked up my recycled boat from the GB factory.

Just to make sure everyone is on the page, a single line is used for both port and starboard jib sheets.  The middle of the line is attached to the clew of the jib with a cow hitch.

I've used this sheet with both my prior 175 and my current 130.

Sixty feet is a generous length, but I don't mind having the extra, and it sometimes comes in handy when using a whisker pole.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)