[Rhodes22-list] Wind instrument?

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Tue Feb 8 12:43:24 EST 2022

Mike,

As I said, it's been several years, and unfortunately I don't really recall the details of my troubles with the SailTimer.  I recall having an issue with the built-in battery, and I was unable to get it set up to give me a useful wind direction (i.e. a bearing relative to my current course).

At that time, there was only one model, and I haven't kept up with their development since.  Perhaps they've improved things, but a masthead windex and hand-held anemometer give the info I'm looking for with less complexity.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)