[Rhodes22-list] An Ongoing Lithium Battery Fire At Sea?

Mark Whipple mark at whipplefamily.com
Mon Feb 21 14:13:15 EST 2022

I agree that it's highly probable that there are EV vehicles with lithium
batteries among the nearly 4,000 vehicles on board, but it's a good bet
there are also many conventionally powered vehicles with gasoline in the
tanks. Once the rubber and plastic parts on any car ignite it can be
difficult to extinguish - especially if a number of vehicles become
enflamed. I'm going to guess it will be months or years before the causes
of the fire are identified and publicized - if the ship actually makes it
to a port to be examined.

Mark

Boston, MA

2000 R22 *Luna Mia*