[Rhodes22-list] Tongue-shaped flap in centerboard trunk gasket?

jpd9668 jpd9668 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 11:38:02 EDT 2022

Ric,Please describe the tubing g in your CB trunk.. Size, length, location in trunk, means of fastening, etc. Photo if possible. Thanks,Joe Dempsey SV RespiteDeltaville,  VASent via the Samsung Galaxy S22 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Ric Stott <ric at stottarchitecture.com> Date: 7/5/22  10:56 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: The Rhodes 22 Email List <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Tongue-shaped flap in centerboard trunk gasket? The only reason for an extra flap in that area might be for protection of the CB rising in its slots and hitting the cap which could crack the cap or break thru it. The two pieces of hose in the slots are for that purpose as well. I do not have an extra  flap of neoprene gasket on my boat. Ric Dadventure Richard F. Stott, AIA, LEED AP ric at stottarchitecture.comO -631-283-1777C- 516-965-3164> On Jul 5, 2022, at 10:49 AM, Michael McKay <mm.bizlist1 at gmail.com> wrote:> > In my old gasket (which I am replacing) there is a tongue-shaped flap in the forward section near the pivot pin.  There doesn’t seem to be any point to this since the centerboard doesn’t impinge on the gasket in this area either when up or down.  Do you know why this is there?> > Michael McKay> (630) 209-2054 (m)> > Sent from my iPhone