[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard Pendant Questions

Chris on LBI cknell at vt.edu
Tue Jul 12 18:29:01 EDT 2022

Ric and Jesse,

Thank you for that information and your optimistic view. I needed some
optimism after reading about the removal of the centerboard cap. I'm OK
tackling it if I have a few days, but it is not convenient for me to
pull the boat out and haul it somewhere. I was not looking forward to
being out of the water during prime sailing season either.

I am going to try rigging tape on the existing pendant, be very gentle
with it, and see if I can make it last through the season. I'm concerned
that pulling all that line (is it 12 feet?) through the four blocks is
likely to result in some difficulty that might force me to resort to
pulling the boat out anyway.

Jesse, your link to the type of rope that you used points to 1/4"
PARACORD with nylon outer sheath and 3 inner strands. That seems
consistent with what is presently on my boat. If anyone knows for sure,
it would be nice to know if this is what Stan specifies.

Thanks,
Chris