[Rhodes22-list] Topping lift fouling IMF

Wilson Cook reefnsail123 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 11 11:43:55 EDT 2022

First year of sailing my R22. Over half the time I try to furl my mainsail the topping lift gets sucked in and fouls operation. When I have crew, They hold out topping lift and all works smoothly. Singlehanding is a challenge.  I had taken down and washed all my lines. I wonder if I reinstalled topping lift incorrectly or is this a known problem? I guess I could practice my mast dropping skills but would rather not.

Sent from my iPhone