[Rhodes22-list] Topping lift fouling IMF

Lee Kuhn lvjkuhn at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 12:33:23 EDT 2022

Wilson,

The topping lift on my old boat could be adjusted from the cockpit (see
attached).  Kept the line out of the way; made it easy to raise the boom
out of the way when motoring; and made it WAY easier to lower the aft end
of the boom when sailing with the mainsail and poptop down.

Until you mentioned it I didn't think about this problem but my topping
lift flops around my mast on my newer boat too.   When I furl the
mainsail back in, I pull the inhaul line with my left hand while holding
the outhaul line with my right hand to keep the sail from getting out of
control.  Maybe that keeps the boom down and the topping lift tight enough
to not get in the way.  Not sure if that helps.  I'll check it out next
time I go sailing.

Lee
1999 Rhodes22  AT EASE
Claytor Lake, VA