[Rhodes22-list] Photos of the "bad mast!"

Graham Stewart gstewart.gm at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 15:39:42 EDT 2022

Tony:

I would not write the mast off if the only damage is where the spreader base was torn out. The fact that the base tore out without bending the mast or causing other damage is actually a good indication that the mast is sound. I think that damage should be reparable by a professional aluminum welder. Alternatively, it might be possible to find or have made new spreader bases that are larger and could span the damage. Don't get discouraged, this is all part of sailing. Believe me there are much worse things that could go wrong.

Graham Stewart
Agile, Rodes 22, 1976
Kingston Ontario