[Rhodes22-list] Sunken boat

Jay Friedland jayf401 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 17:02:25 EDT 2022

Was it handled on their travel lift @ Mariners? As a sail-only marina, they used to be decent, but have lost a lot of business. I haven’t used Tom, but he’s been recommended and close by. 2 other names in demand after Sandy were Glenn Edwards, especially on larger boats, and possibly Don Balke in Tuckerton.

Chris, where was yours ‘manhandled’?

I used GEB Marina on Green Street, Tuckerton, for many years as there were so few travel lifts on the island, especially that catered to smaller sailboats. They were reasonable and fairly easy to schedule, even helped pull my boat amid the chaos of Hurricane Sandy. They were recently bought and building both their marina business and the Dockside Cafe.

Jay
S/V Wanderlust, ‘97