[Rhodes22-list] Tiller pilot - Am I overthinking this? - & NMEA 0183

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Fri Mar 4 16:33:34 EST 2022

Mike,

I don't have a picture, but if look at a section of this video (https://youtu.be/y6p6uVo6xQ4) just after the 2 minute mark you can see pretty clearly where I mounted my pivot pin. I found the fiberglass in this area to be a pretty consistent thickness (in my case thin).

All of my NMEA enable gizmos are wired to a multiplexor which broadcasts wifi. I learned just enough about NMEA 0183 to set this up, and then promptly forgot most of it. But as I recall, some kind of multiplexor is needed (as opposed to a simple bus), because otherwise all of the 'talkers' will just talk all over each other, and the 'listeners' will just hear gibberish.

--Peter