[Rhodes22-list] Tiller pilot - Am I overthinking this? - and NMEA 0183

Mike Riter mike at traildesign.com
Sat Mar 5 17:34:12 EST 2022

OK, one (maybe) last question. What multiplexer are you using?

The holes are drilled for the tiller pilot and the pivot pin and drop are
mounted on the tiller. With everything mocked up, it fits. I took a cue
from your video and drilled the mount holes for the drop bracket all the
way through the tiller and through bolted it. I also countersunk the screw
heads (again like you did) and it makes a very smooth, finished look. I do
have to epoxy in a piece of wood up underneath the gunwale to support the
rear pivot pin. The fiberglass there is thin like yours is. I have a 4" x
4" x1" piece of white oak for that. I shaped one side to more or less match
the curve at the inside edge of the gunwale and epoxy coated the sides and
bottom. Tomorrow after it sets up I'll epoxy that to the gunwale.

On to the wiring!

Mike Riter
SV Emma B