[Rhodes22-list] Tiller pilot - Am I overthinking this? - and NMEA 0183

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Sun Mar 6 11:07:50 EST 2022

Mike,

The brand of multiplexer I installed is 'Brookhouse'.  This was in the early days of NEMA-wifi technology, and the impression I got was this company was one guy working in his garage.  It has always worked reliably, but doesn't appear to be available anymore.

If you have a fiberglass tiller, be careful not to over tighten the bolts.  My tiller appears to have a seam down the middle, and the flat head bolts can act like wedges pushing the two halves apart.

My approach to straightening out the wiring and making it more accessible can be found in this video starting at about 6:30 : https://youtu.be/FsJeFTQnR6Q

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)