[Rhodes22-list] Trailer Axles

Mike Riter mike at traildesign.com
Sun Mar 6 13:47:25 EST 2022

I have a single axle Triad trailer and I've had good luck with it. I'm
based out of northeast GA. I also have a place in WI and have towed the
boat a few times back and forth between the two places with no issues. We
also go to S. FL every couple of years for a sailing vacation and tow the
boat down with us. My local lake (Hartwell) is 45 min. away and I trailer
sail on it. I like being able to sail on different bodies of water.

All that preamble leads me up to expressing my humble opinion on the
subject. My first impression When I got the boat from Stan was that a
single axle trailer for what we do is insufficient. After using it for a
few years and having no problem tow after tow, I'm pretty happy with it. I
am not a big fan of the surge brakes and will likely change them to
electric one day. I've gone through and replaced the wheel bearings and
seals. The folks at Triad are great to work with for parts and questions. I
have seven trailers that I use to move equipment to different job sites, 2
of them are single axle and neither tow as well as the Triad, even with
smaller loads.

Luis, I think you'll find that the single axle triad works just fine. Even
for long trips. Please make sure your tow vehicle is up to the task.

Mike Riter

SV Emma B