[Rhodes22-list] Cockpit Seat Drains Replacement

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Fri Mar 25 22:19:34 EDT 2022

Hi Brian:
What you saw was probably my post quite a few years ago. I have a 76 and found the drains to be inadequate as they would quickly fill with leaves. Also the depression around the thruhull combined with the mushroom thru-hull caught water that did not drain and left a stain.

I replaced the 3.4" thru-hull in the transom with a 1 1/2' thru-hull and the one in the cockpit with a flush mount scupper. To set the scupper I covered the scupper with plastic wrap, placed it in the enlarged and reinforced hole and filled the depression with epoxy/filler to get the proper shape. I then removed the scupper, removed the plastic and reset the scupper back into the hole with sealant. That gave me a nice flush mounted drain that never gets plugged.

I have attached a few pictures.

Graham Stewart
Agile, Rodes 22, 1976
Kingston Ontario