[Rhodes22-list] My Left Knee Replacement Got Delayed & Rescheduled

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Mon Mar 28 10:22:40 EDT 2022

Michael,

When I had my right knee replacement last November, they had me up and walking with a walker the next morning.  I had PT for 6 weeks at 3 sessions/week.  The first 3 weeks were pretty awful.  But, then I was able to quit using the walker and the PT got easier.  Near the end, the PT sessions were focusing on style, walking without a limp, getting in and out of a car gracefully, etc.  At the end of my PT sessions, I could ride a bicycle, go up and down stairs, and bend the knee thru 115 deg.  I pretty much know what to expect and agree it’s amazing technology.

Now, if only the same hospital would quit turning patients away because of a test that’s only right 52% of the time for people with no Covid symptoms!

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium

Sent from my iPhone