[Rhodes22-list] Replace Furling line

Robert Baldi rob.o.baldi at gmail.com
Sun May 15 12:47:24 EDT 2022

Dear friends
I cannot remember ever replacing my furling line ….. but it is old and
should be replaced. I noticed that after Jay Friedland and I raised my mast
on my circa 2000 Rhde 22. It has the GB basic furler ……open and easy to
use. It appears to have the final end enter the spool. Probably has a
stopper knot on the inside. But I am on the outside looking at it. Do I
have to have the forestry disconnected from the deck to replace the furling
line? Do I have to wait until fall when I lower the mast again.  Shall I
just wait until a big gust of wind blows out the line ………or a simple short
question………. How do I attach a new line?

Thanks for taking the time to read my lament.

rob
Robert Baldi.  Formerly moses2u
--
rob