[Rhodes22-list] Newbie here

Todd Tavares tavares0947 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 11:33:25 EST 2023

Peter,

The forward facing ports should be an off the shelf part available from any
marine store or online; Lewmar, Beckson, Bomar, etc. 4" x 14" if I remember
correctly. If you had a picture of the port and/or latch you could narrow
it down.

Some owners have replaced these open8ng ports with fixed, flush mount
portlights; a reasonably easy job. The opening ports tend to collect water
because they were not designed to be mounted on such a steep incline. Then
any dirt or debris that gets on the gasket surface can cause them to leak.
This is an easy fix or replacement and should not be a determining factor
if buying the boat.

Post a picture if you have one. I may have something in my parts bin.

Todd Tavares