[Rhodes22-list] FAQ

Roger Pihlaja cen09402@centurytel.net
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 05:52:04 -0500

Michael,

I have a problem with calling something a FAQ when anyone can post
something, edit it, & there is no peer review process.  How will quality
content be assured & maintained?  How will disagreements be resolved?

What was wrong with the present "FAQ" page?

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Meltzer" <mjm@michaelmeltzer.com>
To: <rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2002 2:06 AM
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] FAQ

> Ok, I had some time on my hands.
>
> I set up some FAQ software. The good part is "no computer skill needed"
:-)

> it let everyone add to it,
> different people can control and maintain categories,
> can add images(not sure how)
> you can edit your own entries.
>

> I am still playing around with the software, but wanted to see if people
are interested in working with it, need some savvy computer people (like
Mark) to control the system, need people Like Rodger and the whole group for
great content. Need some heavy lifting from Bill, Ric, Rummy and will to use
the old email and anyone else who wants in.

> http://www.rhodes22.org/faq/fom
>
> Some info about the system:
> http://faqomatic.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/2.html
>

> I need to setup "access control" for the people who want to
create/organize/delete/edit categories and moderate groups. let me know if
you want the elevated rights, the responsible :-)