[Rhodes22-list] Question.

Gardner, Douglas L. (LNG-DAY) douglas.gardner@lexisnexis.com
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 16:24:46 -0400

Rummy,

   Can't help you with the rivets, because mine was replaced with screws, as
per the rub rail mfgs instructions. Just be careful to not overtighten, as
it will deform the plastic.

As far as sealant, we used the standard silicon marine sealant. I was
fortunate enough to get a strong rain at the boatyard just before picking up
the boat.  The owner of the yard and I pulled off the rubrail and recaulked
before I took her home. Haven't had any trouble since!  ;^)

--Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: R22RumRunner@aol.com [mailto:R22RumRunner@aol.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2002 11:44 AM
To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org; Rhodes-List@sailnet.net
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Question.

I am about to replace my rub rail and need some information from anyone that

has done this previously. I need to know the size of rivets to use, and
also,
what is placed between the rail and the fiberglass. On my boat it looks like

some type of 1" wide caulking or weather stripping behind the metal. I'm not

sure what is currently there.
The new rub rail has a plastic rail with a rubber insert.

Rummy