[Rhodes22-list] Christmas Wish Lists

Robert Quinn rjquinn@bellsouth.net
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 20:38:01 -0400

Leo:  Michael outlined some neat gizmos that are pretty nice to have.
Additionally,  I would recommend spending some time with Stan.  He is a real
pleasure to work with and will lead you into what it is that you want.  The
Pop-Top Enclosure is a must if you plan to overnight on the boat.  The boom
room has promise if you will be out much with more that two people for an
overnight stay as it gives access to the cockpit if the WX turns as it gives
you more protected space.

Remember though the more you have, the more complicated it gets.  I believe
in the KISS system.  We have had our R22 for over nine years now and do fine
with the GB home made furling system.  That could be attributed to the fact
that the winds here in south Florida are pretty constant so the self furling
main and the 150% Genoa give us a great ride.

I prefer the Yamaha 9.9 but the 8 is now available and may be a good
substitute if the weight ratio is better.  I looked at one last year but it
had the electric tilt so there was not advantage weight wise as a result I'd
stick with the 9.9 for the extra push through the Florida inlets.

I also don't personally care for the linked motor - tiller combo. Looks neat
and sounds neat but again I like to keep it simple.

Good luck and again spend time with Stan and Elton.  They will steer your
right.

Bob on the "NoKaOi"