[Rhodes22-list] and other stuff

Rik Sandberg racerrik@rea-alp.com
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:42:34 -0600

Brad,

Don't want to drag you kicking and  screaming into the political morass,
but you have certainly made a valid point. When the big, easy money was
removed from the alcohol business, it came to a screeching halt. Alcohol
became both easy and legal to obtain, therefore cheap. There was no more
big money to be made in distributing it, so the criminal elements stopped
doing it. No big easy profits, what's the point???? Right?

Drugs will go the same way if some of us can stop tripping over our morals
long enough to make them also easy to get. (IE, legal) The demand will drop
and the price will go down the tubes, making it not worth a dealers time to
mess with it. No money to be made, no market.

Want easy gun control??? Allow anyone to own one and make them dirt simple
to get, CHEAP. The black market will disappear faster than you can say
speeding bullet.

Don't matter where you are, if you want to know why something is happening,
follow the money trail. If you want to stop it, make it hard to make money
by flooding the market. Making it illegal just makes the problem worse.
Market's still there, but supply is risky and therefore high priced.

Unfortunately, the people in this country who would have the government
watch our every move at great effort and expense, aren't smart enough to
figure out this simple little solution to our problems. Even though history
has shown that it works, time and time again. Too obvious, I guess.

Rik