[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 for sale

Bill Berner dblbld@attglobal.net
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:47:33 -0400

Very interesting take.

If you could fit a tennis court on the cat, you might be on to
something.

Kidding aside, your input and advice is always very much appreciated

Thanks.

BB

Bill Berner
191 South Broadway
Hastings on Hudson, NY  10706

v 914 478 2896
f 914 478 3856

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Roger Pihlaja
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 3:07 PM
To: The Rhodes 22 mail list
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 for sale

Bill,

OK, I grant you that multihulls do tend to be more expensive than
monohulls.
But, good multihulls have been around long enough that you might be able
find a used one just a bit older than you were considering in a monohull
for
about the same money.

What if:

The civility & level sailing of a cruising cat allowed the Admiral to
appreciate the other aspects of cruising under sail so much that she
became
far more interested in sailing - say to the point of wanting to be a
world
cruiser or even a circumnavigator when you retire?  Isn't it really a
question of priorities?  If you both wanted to go cruising, then
couldn't
you do it?

You were saying something about chartering a sailboat in the Chesapeake
Bay
next summer.  Another way to go at this might be to try to charter a
multihull the next time.  Even if it was a little more expensive to
charter
than a monohull, it would allow both of you to experience what these
boats
are really like.

Just something to think about.  I'll butt out & mind my own business
now.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium