[Rhodes22-list] Storm

Ben Schultz BenS@ApproSystems.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 16:12:09 -0500

Earlier this summer, the admiral and I went to the marina for a daysail.  We
were quite concerned with the fact that the pop top was resting in its
natural position, but it was not actually attached to the mast or to the
arms that hold up the stern side.  There was no other damage and nothing was
missing.

On Friday of last week, we ran into a live-aboard at the marina.  She
indicated that a "tornado" passed over Velvet Elvis during a storm, lifting
the pop top right off.  She was nice enough to replace it for us, or at
least to have her husband do it.

I have to imagine that the odds of even a small water spout passing over and
ripping off the pop top are pretty long.  Has anyone experienced anything
similar?

Now, I see that I'm right in the projected path of Isadore.  I suppose I'll
make the trip before or after work to add docklines and fendors.  Keep your
fingers crossed for me.

Ben
R22 Velvet Elvis

The information transmitted may contain confidential material and is
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any
action by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the information from
your system and contact the sender.