[Rhodes22-list] Oceans going Rhodes

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:35:42 -0400

Slim,

I read that he used a baseball bat (add that to your blue water checklist)
to kill sea turtles. He then used parts of the sea turtle as bait for birds.
I am not sure if he used fishing line or hit the birds with a bat. I agree
that the guy showed good survival instinct but he seems to lack a little
common sense regarding safety. Did he even have a flare gun, mirror, whistle
....? It is amazing he is still alive. It is good to know that my many years
playing baseball and softball doubled as survival training!

Wally