[Rhodes22-list] UPS Delivery-FYI

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Fri Apr 18 20:19:35 EDT 2003

Mary Lou,

I thought about doing ours the same way, but was afraid the halyard would
chafe on the light or the halyard might be too close to the headsail furler.
I think our lights are the same - a rectangular aluminum block shaped to the
mast on one side and flat on the other for the nicely rounded light to mount
on. I didn't reinstall the steaming light yet, so if yours works well like
that, I may consider moving the light back to it's original position since
it would cover the holes I made for the restrainer. I've only got two
conductors going up the mast right now and decided to use them for our new
LED anchor light, instead. I figured we needed an anchor light last year
more than we needed a steaming light, and we could use a flashlight if we
got caught out.

Our halyard restrainer looks like it's cast and machined. It's got one hole
on each side, offset by the width of the casting. I don't have a picture of
it,  it didn't come with any packaging, and I've already forgotten the mfg.
It came w/ a drill bit and two fairly fine threaded self-tapping machine
screws that went right in and tightened securely. It's not like any I saw
online at West Marine, SailNet, or Defender. Next time we have the mast down
I'll get a picture and make a note of the name. Paul said it was just
sitting on his desk for a while and, since he didn't have the others in
stock and I wanted to get it installed before we took Raven to the lake, he
sent it along.

I expect that the only reason we got our UPS first was because we ordered it
first and also ordered a new 135% genoa at the same time.

Mark