[Rhodes22-list] Loose Goose (neck)

bruce.chisholm at att.net bruce.chisholm at att.net
Tue Apr 29 16:09:55 EDT 2003

Greetings from the Chicago area,

     While going through the yearly ritual of tightening up screws, bolts, and
the like, I noticed the gooseneck fitting was loose where it attaches to the
mast slide. When I tried to tighten the screw, it failed to snug down leading
me to believe there's a nut of some sort behind the mast slide. Has anyone else
had this problem and besides lowering the mast, how did you get a wrench on the
nut?

     Also, I noticed a potentially dangerous situation with my Triad trailer. I
have a cracked weld where the sliding bow stop assembly is welded to the
vertical post. I can't account for the reason the weld cracked but it
definitely needs to be re-welded and a gusset added for extra support. It
believe this is a high stress area because the wench is attached to the top of
the bow stop assembly.

Thank you,

Bruce Chisholm

SV: Compass Rose