[Rhodes22-list] Subject line can be changed!

Kroposki kroposki@innova.net
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:20:18 -0500

All:
	1. Remember that that the subject line can be changed and should
be change when using a thread to reply to a different subject.
	2. Who is keeper of the FAQ's on the site now?
                _) _) _)   Ed K

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Wally Buck
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 9:23 AM
To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Planjammers (?)-Special Request

J,

I have a cable topping lift dead ended at the top of the mast with a
block
at the other end. I have a line attached at the end of the boom (like
every
other topping lift) that runs up to the block (a couple of feet) and
back
down to a cleat at the aft end of the boom. To raise or lower boom I
just
uncleat line and adjust. My 84 came this way and it works fine.

Wally

>From: Jay Friedland <a.jayf@verizon.net>
>To: The Rhodes 22 mail list <rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org>
>Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Planjammers (?)-Special Request
>Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 18:42:51 -0500
>
>Roger-
>A one-man resource center. Still working on the third halyard problem.
>have the IMF and actually what I saw in the 99 catalog was a curved
plate
>with a bullnose for mounting a block. It had 3 or 4 screwholes on each
side
>for drilling into the mast. It seemed to have a three bend
configuration to
>fit several curvatures. Bob's assistant didn't know what I was talking
>about and it wasn't on their website. So I didn't know where to go with

>this.
>
>I haven't had the chance to review you recommendation on dead-ending
the
>topping lift, but my first take was on the 18" + drop of the boom on
the
>IMF, which I use often. I need to further review, but the Dwyer piece
was
>suggested by Doyle for the UPS halyard. He showed it to me, and I
thought
>it would be easy to locate with Dwyer. Next time I'll write it down.
>
>Thanks for any help on this.
>
>On Friday, February 21, 2003, at 05:55 PM, Roger Pihlaja wrote:
>
>>Jay,
>>
>>I've got a 1991 edition of Dwyer's Yellow catalog.  Each mast
extrusion
>>shape & size requires a different mounting plate.  However, I'm going
>>take a wild guess as to what you probably want.
>>
>>Assuming you have the standard mast, this is a DM-500 series
extrusion.
>>The
>>DM-500 takes the D 2122H hinged step,
>>D 1015 Masthead Rig with 4 aluminum sheaves, the DH 21750L Stainless
Steel