Atlantic City - Doyle UPS sails was Re: [ham] [Rhodes22-list] New Year

Jay Friedland a.jayf@verizon.net
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 22:44:08 -0500

Tom-
Thanks for qualifying your response. Actually I had direct dealings
with Dana at Doyle Offshore 5 years ago when I had them make a 150, and
the first they cut for the CDI furler. As a variation of the GBI specs,
it was within range of what they were used to. They made a few
suggestions for a full, not fractional size, did an admirable job and
were very responsive.

I can't speak for Stan, but he tends to respond to the "cosmic
consciousness" of the group, rather than the single pioneer. In
addition to what he said he had to take care of on your boat, he
expressed strong interest in detailing the UPS requirements. He asked
me last week to set up a schedule with you, then the holidays hit. I
will be tied up with the AC and Chicago shows, as well as a visit to
Edenton, which eliminates all weekends in Jan. If a weekday is
convenient, let me know, otherwise, it's early Feb.

In order to have sails for this season, I'm sure our group would have
to place orders this or next month. On the variations per boat, I
wonder if Stan or Dwyer would know how to handle this. Outer sheet
tracks should be consistent from end of cabin/drain in the toerail,
etc. I have both masthead sheaves used (topping lift for boom and
second for whisker pole).

Tom, all your concerns and the details you've documented are key to
issues that must be settled, so thanks for taking the time and posting
them all. I hope we can return the efforts.
Jay