[Rhodes22-list] Hey Wally, Your End of the State is Behind

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 07:24:43 -0800 (PST)

Wally, I went to the Liberty Bowl NYE with a friend.
We sat ten rows up on the fifty-yard line, listened to
Cybal Sheppard butcher the National Anthem, watched
one series of downs, and then I said "lets find a warm
bar and watch the game on TV, it's freezing out here".
 After, um, several adult beverages we quit watching
the game on the tube.... My youngest son is about the
biggest Fulmer fan around and even he says Coach
Fulmer may be "toast".
One of the New Years Day Memphis Commercial
Fishwrapper, I mean Commercial Appeal stories was
about some local criminals stealing a new Cadillac
with OnStar.  They were a bit confused when the owner
called in a stolen vehichle and the engine on their
"new" car quit running, the doors locked, the lights
came on, and the horn started honking.  The cops got
them in about 20 seconds since they were getting GPS
updates on their current position.  I'm waiting for
the editorial page to print a response on how the
"blue-eyed devil" (a quote from our former
Congressman)is pulling mean tricks again. Give me a
call when you pass through town.  Brad.