[Rhodes22-list] Hey Wally, Your End of the State is Behind

Alex Bell alexbell@coastalnet.com
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 16:02:48 -0500

Brad,

I love the UT stadium. I attended a game some years back and it was the
most enjoyable game I ever attended. Big pride of Southland band came
in. Made poor Army look lowly until the helicopter came over and the
Army parasail team all landed on the 50 yard line.

 UT was a big favorite over Army, and I always root for underdogs. I
loved it. The true student atheltes beat the crap out of the Orange
team. Army beat them in a groundpounder game. Loved how the home crowd
handled it too. They took it with good grace. It would be really neat if
they set the accademic standards back to the levels we used to see. Lots
of "atheltes" would not be playing at college level. These days,
Undergraduates take on a new meaning.

Alex