[Rhodes22-list] Combination Of Sharp Turn To Port + SingleHandedDocking

R22RumRunner@aol.com R22RumRunner@aol.com
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 18:49:11 EST

Slim,
I'm sorry, but throwing a bucket overboard and dropping your ladder to slow
down sounds rather silly to me. If the motor is sized and proped correctly
you wouldn't have that problem in the first place. Hell, why not just throw
the anchor out while your at it? The R22 has a hull speed which is easily
reached with many different hp ratings. Beyond that it takes a great deal of
power to go much faster which I believe is a tremendous waste of gasoline. I
still maintain that the 9.9 is to much engine and weighs to much for the
advantages you all profess......yes call me stubborn, but I don't have the
problems you all experience and I have to make a 180 to make it to my dock in
rather tight quarters.
The 8hp Tohatsu must have a slower idol speed and a better prop matched for
my needs than some of you have.

Rummy