[Rhodes22-list] Mast Lowering

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Wed Jul 30 14:46:48 EDT 2003

Bill,

It can be done sober?  Does this mean that you've tried it drunk?

When it comes to heavy lifting, I prefer winches to wenches (or knaves, for
that matter).  I've used the GB rig on the water many times and have never
had a mishap.  (famous last words?)  If proper procedure is followed to the
letter, it seems pretty bullet proof, but you're right, sh*t happens. But I
can stand on the bow and do the job myself, without the fear that some wench
would get hurt if the rig fails.

Slim