[Rhodes22-list] Mounting Compass, Fire Extinguisher

jmh123 at juno.com jmh123 at juno.com
Mon Jun 9 17:21:15 EDT 2003

I have reviewed the FAQ and list topics on mounting a compass. Mention is made of mounting the compass on a removeable board -apparently in the companionway -but there are no details. One of the pictures showed a compass mounted in the Galley, on the bulkhead separating the head and galley. Was the idea to see it from the cockpit? Is the reluctance to mount one in the cockpit a matter of not wanting to put a "hole" in the fiberglass?

I also checked for info on fire extinguisher mounting and found no topics, and none of the pictures on the organization pages showed an extinguisher. My understanding is that the extinguisher must be mounted to pass a Coast Guard inspection.

Any ideas/explantions would be appreicated.

John Hill
S/V Clarity
85 Rhodes